Written & Directed by Nathan Sibthorpe
A one-man show for a black-comic clown...
On this otherwise insignificant evening, a group of very important people will gather before a very important man to hear a very important man. So important, in fact, that it might just change everything. Forever.
Voice is a short one-man show with no spoken dialogue. A suited man approaches a lecturn and tries to speak, but finds that he can not. In the time that he's got, the man tries a number of alternative means for getting his message across, but to no avail.
The message is urgent, critical even. But the man cannot be understood - there are forces keeping him quiet. Eventually, he makes the ultimate sacrifice in order to be heard. But is the audience even listening?
- 2009: Production at Short+Sweet Brisbane, directed by Laura Meldon.
- 2009: Production at Short+Sweet Melbourne, directed by Dylan Cole.
- 2010: Production at Vena Cava's Capillaries Festival, directed by Nathan Sibthorpe and featuring Dan Gough.
- 2011: The same production re-mounted for FAST Festival.
- 2012: The same production toured to Melbourne, presented at Northcote Town Hall, supported by La Trobe Student Theatre & Film.
performed by Daniel Gough
produced by Kristen Trollope
stage managers: David Vespertine, Ray-Ann Sondergaard
contraptionist: David Morton
photography by Candice Diana
Access the Script
Voice is available as a script for anyone to stage. For a copy of the script, please contact directly firstname.lastname@example.org